Understanding the Symptoms: Autism
Signs and Symptoms You Should Know
Are you concerned that one of your family members or perhaps a friend's child may be struggling with autism? Every individual is different, but there are common signs and symptoms that the person of whom you are concerned may exhibit that could be indicative of a problem that needs treatment.
Symptoms of Autism:
- Impairment in communication as evidenced by delay or total lack of spoken language
- Inability to hold a conversation with others, use of repetitive phrases
- Impairment in social interactions with others, including children and adults, as evidenced by lack of eye contact, facial expressions, few friends, lack of pointing to desired objects, not laughing when others laugh or smiling when others smile
- Preoccupation with one type of object or part of object (e.g. one small part of a large toy), repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g. tapping a finger continuously)
- Desires a routine and cannot break a routine once established
Don't Delay - Take Action TodayGive us a call and set an appointment to speak with one of our clinicians to diagnose and treat your family member or friend. We welcome the chance to provide them with the expert assistance they need.