Understanding the Symptoms: Domestic Violence
Signs and Symptoms You Should Know
Are you concerned that one of your family members or perhaps a friend may be a victim of domestic violence? Every individual is different, but there are common signs and symptoms that the person of whom you are concerned may exhibit that could be indicative of a problem that needs treatment.
- Believe you are to blame for your partner's abusive behavior?
- Feel like you have no right to your own feelings or thoughts?
- Watch what you say to avoid from making him or her angry?
Does He or She...
- Act one way in public (nice) and another way at home (angry)?
- Criticize you for little things and call you names in private and/or in public?
- Become easily angry?
- Destroy personal things that are important to you or sentimental items?
- Try to control you by withholding money, keeping you from the telephone, or preventing you from getting a job?
- Isolate you from your support network (friends), family, and resources and call them "trouble makers"?
- Threaten or actually do physical harm to you, your children, or others?
- Force you to engage in sex against your wishes?
Don't Delay - Take Action Today
Give us a call and set an appointment to speak with one of our clinicians to diagnose and treat your family member or friend. We welcome the chance to provide them with the expert assistance they need.